Every administrator and website owner has asked himself whether he should make his website available to a larger international audience. But why should they have their websites translated? And what points should he bear in mind when commissioning a professional translator?
Multilingual websites in several languages
Multilingual websites are websites that are available in more than one language. They allow users from different countries to read the website content in their own language. On multilingual websites, users can switch between the available languages to view the website in their preferred language.
Translating web pages consequently increases the reach and influence of a website. This is because a crucial barrier is overcome: Language! High-quality translations also appeal to a wider audience. They also help to improve the user experience and facilitate interaction with the website. Therefore, care should always be taken to use clear and easily understandable language.
However, creating a multilingual website requires careful planning and implementation. The website must be professionally translated in each language to ensure that the content is accurate and engaging. It is also important to design the navigation and design of the website so that it is intuitive and easy to understand for users in different languages.
Those who want to expand their website for an international audience should consider the following aspects:
- Multilingualism: offer your website in several languages to reach a wider audience. Translate the content professionally to ensure correct and appealing presentation in each language.
- Cultural sensitivity: Take cultural differences into account in your design and content. Avoid images, symbols or sayings that may be offensive or inappropriate in certain cultures.
- Easy navigation: Make sure your website is easy to navigate and users can quickly find what they are looking for. Use clear and concise menus and links to make navigation easy.
- International SEO: Optimise your website for international search engines by using relevant keywords in each language and ensuring that your site is optimised for each language.
- Localisation: Consider local differences in your design and content to improve interaction with your international audience. For example, you can use local currencies, units of measurement and time formats.
Interested in a multilingual version of your website? fh-translations.com!